This step is useful if you hae purchased or upgraded to a new iPhone. To begin this process make sure you have installed and run iTunes on your computer. Click here for the latest version of iTunes.
1. Connect your current or old iPhone to iTunes and sync it. Make sure to back up your information as well.
2. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes to the computer you made a backup on.
3. iTunes will ask you if you want to restore from a backup or set up your new iPhone as a new phone. When prompted, select the backup of your current iPhone. If iTunes does not prompt you to select a backup to restore when you connect your new iPhone, use iTunes to restore iOS on your new iPhone and try this step again.
Note: During the process of restoring your old backup to a new iPhone, you may see the iTunes progress bar pause. If this occurs, please allow for additional time for the upgrade to complete.
4. After iTunes finishes restoring the backup you selected to your new iPhone, the iPhone will restart.
5. When your new iPhone appears in the iTunes window, select it.
6. Click the various tabs (Music, Photos, etc) and verify or change the items you want to sync.
7. Click Apply to sync your new iPhone with iTunes.