Again, I cannot stress this enough, just like the last update, if you have unlocked your iPhone with yellowsn0w, DO NOT UPDATE or RESTORE to that official IPSW. You will lose yellowsn0w and find yourself unable to revert the baseband to get it back.
And for those wondering, yes, 3.0 will be jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint and wait for PwnageTool to create a custom IPSW that avoids the baseband update. This is straight from the Dev-Team so heed their warning.
Ok, here it is:
1. Push notifications for applications (have an instant message app running in the background giving you updates)
2. Turn by turn GPS for future developed Map applications
3. Peer to peer connections. You find another iPhone with Bluetooth and then start a sharing session via WiFi. Watch this video for an idea.
Bluetooth over Wi-Fi from Gizmodo on Vimeo
4. Copy, cut, and paste. Shake the iPhone to undo. Double tap to select text and bring up a cut/copy/paste menu and drag your finger along a word to copy
5. You can now send multiple photos using Mail (as opposed to only one before) using the copy/paste menu
6. Landscape keyboard now available in Mail, Note, and SMS
7. MMS support (pictures are sent in the text message bubble but just without the text) (You can now send photos, contacts, audio files, or your location via Maps)
8. You can forward or delete individual SMS messages now (like each individual bubble).
9. You can make Voice recordings and they can be trimmed within the iPhone and sent via MMS or email
10. Landscape view in Stocks with additional statistical information such as Highs or Lows so that now everyone can watch and understand what “Depression” means!
11. You can now Search for content within the device. Search for Contacts, Music, Calendar events, Notes, or Mail. (Blackberry users will be familiar with this in their Music application)
12. Spotlight (a Mac program) is now installed on the iPhone. You can search for applications now instead of swiping your finger to get to additional home screens (the option is at the bottom of the home screen)
13. Notes Sync
14. Audio/video tags
15. Live streaming
16. Shake to shuffle (Shaking the iPhone while in iPod activates the shuffle mode.
17. Wi-Fi auto login (Next time you’re at Starbucks, your iPhone will automatically log you in)
18. Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP support)
19. Maps inside other applications. So now new applications will be able to use the Maps application that everyone knows and loves
20. iTunes account creation
21. YouTube ratings
22. Anti-Phishing (Great for security when browsing in Safari)
23. You can now use your iPhone to control accessories, for example, using your iPhone to equalize sound when connected to a loudspeaker or stereo dock.
24. VPN on demand
25. From apps downloaded from the AppStore, you can now use Micro-transactions to purchase content within downloaded apps (new clothing in Sims 3 for example or buy additional magazine subscriptions.)
26. YouTube subscriptions
27. YouTube accounts and Encrypted profiles.
29. Rumble. Now apps that requires a rumble feature (mostly for video games) can rumble and improve the user experience!
30. Tethering support built-in
31. General performance upgrades to address laggyness and etc
As stated before, the update will be available in Summer 2009 and free for all iPhone users.
If you hear of any features or parts of the upcoming update that I may have missed please list them in the comments for all!
Thanks and stay iTuned for more!!!
Use Bonus Code: TGiPJB for 100% up to $100 on 1st Deposit