December 21, 2009by Sean P. Aune
The iPhone and iPod Touch get into the spirit of Christmas with a slew of free Christmas related free applications.
There are a ton of free Christmas apps in the iPhone App Store, but we’ve sorted through them and picked 10 of the best that will get you into the Yuletide spirit for this upcoming holiday.
Find one you like that we didn’t list? Tell us in the comments!
Please note that all of these links go directly to the page in the iTunes store so clicking them will launch iTunes.
1. A Christmas Carol: The classic story of Scrooge by Charles Dickens is now an iPhone app! Read the book for free, bookmark your place and more.
2. Chrimbell: Do you enjoy the sound of hand bells? Well, now you can play them on your iPhone or iPod Touch. You can choose to play a tune by yourself or you can join with others to play a song with each of you selecting a differently tuned bell.
3. Christmas Countdown: Check to see how many days are left until Christmas while be listening to built-in Christmas songs, and watch the Christmas tree get bigger as the days get fewer.
4. Christmas Puzzles: Play multiple Christmas inspired crosswords and test your knowledge of the popular holiday season.
5. Christmas Sounds Free: Play all sorts of sound effects you associate with the holiday season such as sleigh bells, Santa’s “Ho Ho Ho” and a whole lot more.
6. Christmas Spirit Generator: Santa’s sleigh runs on spirit power, and it’s your job to help generate enough Christmas spirit so he can make this year’s Christmas Eve trip! You can view not only your spirit, but that of people all over the world who are trying to help.
7. Christmasfy Me: Take any picture from your iPod Touch memory, or take a picture with your iPhone camera and you can customizing a picture with Christmas decor almost immediately. Once done you can save it, email it, upload it to Facebook, share it on Twitter and more.
8. Elf Command: You’re an elf working in Santa’s workshop and you need to make sure the presents get into the corrects boxes. Do your best before time runs out and then upload your high scores to the global leader board.
9. iTree: Decorate the virtual Christmas tree and then you can send it to your friends as a virtual Christmas card with your customized message.
10. Winter Snow Globe: Shake your iPhone or iPod Touch to make it snow like a real snow globe.
Use Bonus Code: TGiPJB for 100% up to $100 on 1st Deposit